Sunday, October 30, 2005

Stranger in Church

I was walking from the stage to the sound booth this morning to have a chat with Brian, our tech director, when I noticed someone I thought I recognized, but couldn't place. We caught eyes and I slowed down as she waved and said, "Remember me?" Of course I did. It was Kayla Rotz. The only problem was that I hadn't seen her in close to four years and her hair was way different, so it took me a second. She said, "It's me, Kayla" before I had a chance to respond. Bottom line, I felt like a donkey. She should never have had to remind me of her name. She's even come up in conversation within the last few months. I just wasn't quick enough to make the connection.

So Kayla, if you're out there, you must think I'm a jerk. I'm sorry. Can we still be friends?

Thanks

Josh (Donkey-of-the-Century) Garlow

p.s. Blogging friends, if you can help me get this message-in-a-bottle to here, that would be fantrific!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I don't think you ever knew me, but I was Lisa Budensiek's roommate at IWU. I stumbled across your blog from Brandon & Jen Bruce's blog. This post just cracked me up because I'm really good friends with Kayla - we talk quite often. Her email address is sillyteach@hotmail.com, but I'd be more than happy to pass along the "donkey" comment :).

Josh Garlow said...

Kayla, Kayla, Kayla.
I'm glad we can still be friends. I was worried. Thanks Trish for intersecting.
It was great to see you. Sorry that it didn't work out for the Chiefs (well, I'm not that sorry)
Let me know next time you're in town, and we can take care of you.

Jenn Swift said...

Kayla! I was thinking about you too! weird. I was in topeka, Kansas last year thinking, "Isn't this where Kayla's from"... isn't it where you're from? Why don't I e-mail you... instead of communicating with you through josh's site.