Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A Funny Thing Happen on My Way To Work The Other Day...

Many of you know that I drive a scooter to work most days (I have a car, but the scooter is fun and great on gas). I know it's not as cool as a Harley, but it's very European/edgy and it get's 100 miles to the gallon.
Well, yesterday, I got ready for work, walked outside to finde the bike missing. I normally garage it, but the night before, I just forgot. So I walked around to my garage just to make sure wasn't in there, and it wasn't.
I was really, really mad at my self for not putting it away, knowing that it would be easy to steal.
So...
The police came out and did a report. The insurance company was called for claim purposes. My wife told me she was really sad for me, and that I could get another one.
And then! As Lacy was driving me to work (2 hours late) she looked to her left, and there it was. MY SCOOTER!
Somebody had moved it to another part of our parking lot. Why? I have no idea. My guess is that they started to leave with it, then had second thoughts. It could have been a prank, and I'll laugh the hardest if that's what it was, but I'm thinking it was something else.
The good news is that she's back.
The bad news is... well, there isn't any.
I'M BACK IN THE CLUB!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know I've been wanting that scooter so bad. And to think it was so close to being mine, all mine if it hadn't been for your nosy neighbors. I'll think it through a bit more stratigically before my next attempt. Enjoy it while you can!

Quote from last night, need I mention what show?
"great response time guys! Hey, listen up, I have a few theories . . . "

Christin said...

Maybe its like one of those sleep walking 'bouts when you get up to go to the bathroom but end up in the closet instead. Maybe you decided to park the scooter in the garage after all, but only ended up parking it around the corner....

"Question: Did my shoes come off in the crash?"