Monday, October 10, 2005

The 70's

The past few Sundays, at my dad's request, we've closed out the service with a tune from the 70's, and surprisingly, it's been a blast.
Two weeks ago we did "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and this morning we played a tune I had never heard until recently, but you probably have, "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother".
I've really enjoyed studying these recordings and trying to imulate their tone and tamber, instrumentally. It was funny, but I told our drummer that he should loosen up his drum heads to give them a nice, flappy tone. I also told our bass player to turn down all the bass in his EQ, and he would have the tone nailed. (These guys are great and they've been playing long enough to know how these songs are suposed to go without studying for one second. They're amazing.)

Anyway, I thought you might want to listen to what I've been listening to for the past few weeks in preparation. They're great tunes.

Enjoy...

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother (The Hollies)


Bridge Over Troubled Water (M.W.Smith Version)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to a MWS concert/worship thingy a few months ago. He did "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and it has become one of my favorites ever since.