Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Tonight...

Ocean (click here to listen)
After 10 years of being based in San Diego, California, I have finally taken up a Californian sport, and I'm loving it. No, it's not surfing, it’s body-boarding (some would refer to it as boogie-boarding, but I find the term "body" to be much more edgy than "boogie", so, we'll go with that. "Sponging" is what the true die-hards call it, but I'm not there yet. That would require that I know how to fully operate the flippers, and I don't).
I have not conquered the waves alone, however. My daring wife and I, along with the Benoits have all sold out for the sport. I can't believe I've missed the last 10 years of doing this.
We all ran home right after work, grabbed our boards and wet suits, piled in the car and drove down to Pacific Beach (Shown Above). The sun was hitting the horizon just as we arrived, but that didn't stop us. We road the waves well past dark, and it was amazing.
The only top off to a perfect night in the water could be watching The Office with friends. So that's exactly what we did.
This night will not be forgotten

P.S. Your thoughts on The Office?

12 comments:

Nick Benoit said...

It may have been one of my favorite episodes thus far. More heart, same funny. Good combo.

Anonymous said...

Winner of the 'Don't go in there after me' award....JOSH GARLOW!

Hummel Family said...

Love the song!!!!

JoEllen

the lambs said...

I am banning the women's restroom. You'll just have to hold it.

the lambs said...

Don't forget that Steve Carell hosts SNL this week!

Josh Garlow said...

"I'm looking all over the room, and not seeing your wife"
"Um... She's the person I'm holding hands with right now"

I had know idea about the SNL thing. We're having a party, you're all invited! I'm not kidding.

the lambs said...

The party will have to wait a week. Carell is on for October 1st. Will Ferrell is hosting this Saturday. Sorry about that!

Josh Garlow said...

Oh Pam.
PAM! PAM! Thank You Mamm!
PAMburger with Cheese.
If you think she looks good now, you should have seen here 3 years ago.
Well, the party will have to wait, but there WILL be a party.

Unknown said...

How I wish I could come home from work to THAT everyday. Lake Michigan just doesn't do it for me after that-especially when it's 20 below and snowing. Oh well-we still have Giordano's and IKEA! There's just something about the ocean though....Love the song by the way!

About Brandon said...

Sounds like you fell in love with riding waves.... life was never the same for me after that! -B

Josh Garlow said...

Yes I did. Now I crave it.I plan my week around when I MIGHT be able to go back out.

Anonymous said...

Ok, not to be a goody-goody, but I must say The Office was a let down tonight. The coolest thing about the show is that they're hysterical without having to use constant sexual humor like just about every other show, and they should keep it that way.
Maybe next week they will have gotten it out of their system after tonights episode.
Just thought I'd share :-)
jane