Monday, September 05, 2005

A Few Things To Talk About...

1) The Taylor T5. Bob has been so gracious to loan me and two of my friends a T5 prototype for a couple of months. I normally play piano for our Sunday A.M. services, but this week I had to give the new toy a good, long test drive. So, for 7tunes X 4Services, I played the snot out of that guitar. Bottom line... I'm not giving it back! OK, I may have to give THAT one back, but I can no longer consider my arsonal complete without one. It revolutionized the way I play guitar. It turns a single guitar player into two guitar players. It is the best guitar I've come across for worship leading. The trick is that you can be playing it in acoustic mode, then, with a stomp of a footswitch, you can trigger your electric amp on, and be playing rhythm acoustic and electric at the same time. Infreakingcredible!
2)We spent the day (Monday, Labor Day) with my parents at their beach unit along with my brother and sister, aunt and uncle, and grandma. Last week, I took a surfing lesson with Jake. Although it was full of usefull information, it turned out to be a lot of work for little return. Today, we hit the waves on body boards. It was GREAT! Jake and I could catch the same wave and ride it in together. I found it much more rewarding. I'll stick to snowboarding and wakeboarding as my go-to "stand-on-a-board" sports. I also had an inaugrual game of SmashBall with my dad. A sport he could not have played one year ago. Well, back to the grind. Summer's Over. Goodbye O fleeting sun (Even though I know you're sticking around until December, I'll say a theoretical hasta la vista today, as if we're breaking up to find ourselves, put away my white shoes, and sneak around with you tomorrow).
3) Sunday Afternoon, Lacy and I drove up to Pasadena to see Sam and Rosie's newborn, Eisley. She's really cute. Looks like Sam.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is totally unrelated to your post...I just had to say that I clicked on your "BlondeStar" link for and it made me laugh out loud :) Where did that COME from?!

Josh Garlow said...

I got it from our technical director. I'm not sure where he got it. It's hilarious!