Saturday, September 03, 2005

Quakes

Nothing makes a movie better than having the entire theatre shake!
Tonight at the cinema, the building shook, we all looked at each other and agreed that it WAS a quake, and then continued our viewing as if nothing happen.
This was the third sizable quake in the last four months.
Once in the middle of the night: Big bang. Whole house shook for about 15 seconds, then another aftershock 3 minutes later.
Once at church in the middle of an offertory: I felt the bang, but thought someone had just fallen off the risers.
Then tonight: making the date night especially exciting.

Only In California

3 comments:

Mark O Wilson said...

Josh,
I don't think you know me, but I feel like I know you. Your dad is my friend. I used to live in California years ago, and never did get used to the earthquakes.

Anonymous said...

Bro,
Have you ever checked out
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/shakemap/sc/shake/index.html ?
It has some cool features for tracking earthquakes in the area.

Unknown said...

YIKES! How scary. Thanks for leaving a comment. I am still trying to figure out the whole blogging thing so it may be slow. Good to catch up on your life. You have a beautiful fam! Talk to ya later! Maybe we should buy you a helmet for Christmas!