Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My 4th

I'm still not sure how or why it happened, but I just played perhaps the biggest gig of my life. It was a short moment, but truly a great one. Miles Ahead Ministries and The Rock Church put on a 4th of July bash at Coors Amphetheatre called REVOLUTION featuring Kirk Franklin and P.O.D. The Rock Church's House Band was kind enough to ask me to join them for the event. It was great to meet some new friends and reconnect with old ones.
We just got home a few minutes ago. There was roughly 20,000 people there. I have no pictures as of yet, but I'll work on it. We played a short worship set at the end of the message and then went into a rockin version of the National Anthem (yes, I used the words "rockin" and "National Anthem" in the same sentence. Very strange).
Way fun tonight.
Good night America, on your birthday.

5 comments:

the lambs said...

Sweet. It kicks youth conference with Walt in the pants.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Oh...Kirk Franklin....wow.

Unknown said...

WOW! Kirk Franklin, P.O.D...20,000 people. I feel so priviledged to know you! Don't forget us little people...O.K.?

Josh Garlow said...

OK, this wasn't meant to be an "I'm famous, look at me" post. That's NOT the case at all. I just thought I'd share about a cool experience I had. It was a once in a lifetime fluke that probably shouldn't have even happened. I'm greatful for the chance and don't ever expect to be in that spot again. You guys are kind, though :)