Saturday, April 29, 2006

The CAUSE

Tonight we opened THE CAUSE.
If you've been around me at all in the last month or so, you know that my heart is burning for this work. You know that my days and nights have been consumed with one mission: to reach people through THE CAUSE. Tonight, my adrenaline finally let down. I walked off the stage after the worship set and came close to tears. Part of it was me forgetting how draining it is to lead worship, but the other part of it was the satisfaction that God was being honored with our efforts. We had no idea if anyone would even come and the anxiety that comes with those thoughts can be haunting. Our fears were calmed when the crowd arrived. We had a variety of technical features that were untested in a live application, but they all ran smoothly.
It is a pleasure serving with the men and women I call friends first, coworkers second.
Now, on to next Saturday night when we do it all again and maybe I'll get a non-work related post in here somewhere. (possibly about our new house?)
(Oh, did I mention the band? Yeah... I'll have to talk about them later. These guys are amazing.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stage looks AWESOME!!
Can't wait to see it in person.

Samuel Bills said...

looks good - is there a mosh pit? Don Dayton has been to your Sat. night rock service and I haven't - that seems weird.

Hummel Family said...

This looks awesome...if we lived close by, we would be there in a heartbeat.

Keep up the Good Work...all of you!