Saturday, March 11, 2006

Tomorrow Won't Be The Same


For years now, I've been saying "I dread the day I have to play without Paul Bleifuss." Paul is a rock in our band. His skills behind the kit are unmatched, and his heart is irreplaceable. When I came on as Skyline's band director, there were a group of guys, "THE GUYS", who had been doing this gig forever without me, and doing just fine without me. They didn't have to welcome me in. I was just a punk kid who thought he was better than everyone. But they did take me in, and to this day, they're all still here, and they're all still better than me. I remain the weakest link. But I'm fine with that. I consider myself blessed. These guys mean the world to me.
Tomorrow I'll get up at 6am, take a quick shower, get in my frozen car and drive to work with the windows down because my defrost isn't fast enough. This is the same routine that I follow every Sunday Morning. Tomorrow will be different, though. When 7am rolls around and THE GUYS show up, Paul won't be there. He'll be at home working on getting better. We've known this day was coming for a few months now, but I'm still not ready for it. Tomorrow won't be the same. My thoughts will be with my friend who is not there.
Tomorrow I start a new job, a job without Paul. We have drummers who can and will fill in, and this isn't meant to take anything away from their skill. They're great. But the guy who has laid down the back-beat to my career thus far will be sadly missed. My wife and I love him dearly,
Paul, We're praying hard for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh
This is Nancy Myers. Please send Ron info on Paul. We don't know what is going on with him. Send email to Myersongs@adelphia.net
Thanks a ton. I love reading your blog. We are so proud of you and your precious family. God is all over you and you are such a blessing. I remember you when...
Love ya
Nancy