Monday, September 18, 2006

A Race. A Beauty Queen. A Layup.

I've not been an Amazing Race fan, ever, but for some reason I decided to give it a shot this season. Lacy, the boys and I all went to the Benoit's last night for the season premier, and much to my surprise, Miss California 2005 was a contestant along with Miss New York. Here's why I say "much to my surprise": I taught her how to shoot a layup in a benefit basketball tournament about 6 months ago. I'd never met her up to that point and I have had zero interaction with her since. I almost blogged about it at the time cause it was so wierd/funny, but for some reason didn't. Glad I waited. Root her on for me, she's on Team Beauty Queens (he he he). Her name is Dustin (on the left) and she still can't shoot a layup.

3 comments:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Holy cow. That is just so random!

Jodi said...

Yeah, must be the hair...

tonymyles said...

Last night they came in last... too bad it wasn't a basketball leg.