Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Week in Review

Christmas is here!

OK, not for the rest of the world, yet. But here in San D., it's smothering us.

We're producing an outdoor Christmas Show, Night of Light, and we're less than 3 weeks from opening night (18 shows over 3 weekends).

This week has been full of light installations, thus the name, Night of Light.
From over ten thousand Christmas lights throughout the property, to the giant light grid that hangs above Bethlehem on the side of a cliff (By giant, I mean 6 stories high, and 64 feet across. 3600 lights, each a foot apart).
Today and yesterday we hoisted the grid up the cliff face and tried not to die in the process.
TONIGHT, we turned it on, and it... was... AWESOME!!!!
You can see it from the freeway. In-freakin-credible!
So tomorrow, we'll work out some of the bugs, and I'll post pictures soon (even though they won't do it justice).

Aside from Christmas this week, I bought U2's Vertigo Tour DVD, Live from Chicago, and relived the show. Lacy and I went to opening night of this tour, and I went to the second show two nights later. It's great to see how the show has progressed. It's also great to have a wife who can sing along to every song, especially since she knew nothing about U2 before we met. She's the best!

That's all for now.
I may not see you till after Christmas, but I'll try.
If you can get out to see the show, we'd love to see you.

1 comment:

Hummel Family said...

I think you have your 1st show tonight! Goodluck. I hope all goes well. Let us know how it goes and please post pics.

Too bad we can't see it. I guess that's what we get for living in Ohio!

JoEllen